Monday, May 18, 2009

Week Four: You're a third of the way there



The End of the Fourth Week of Internships For your blog assignment this week, please describe your internship site by answering the following questions...PART 1What is it?What kind of business is it and what kind of work do the professionals do there?Where is it? What is the neighborhood like compared to where our school is?Tell a little about your mentor.What kinds of things have you done so far?What were some of the highlights of the fourth week? (Memorable moments, cool things, incredibly difficult things...)PART 2Please answer some logistical questions...When do you leave school?How long does it take you to get to your internship?When do you arrive at home?What is your schedule? (What days do you work and for how long each day?)Who are the two people that can sign your time card? (Your mentor and the additional person)Part 3This is a supplemental assignment for your fourth week.How was the fourth week different than the third week?What is something that you really like about the internship?What is something you dislike about the internship?Who Else's blog have your read and commented on?




My site is Arab American Family Support Center we are doing a youth program, helping people to get medicare, and helping them to find a jobs, but my main job is a helping tudee, I'm doing a tutoring, or after school program. My internship place at 150 Cort st, it is Atlantic Pacific neighborhood. My mentor's name is Paul Anderton, he is from Britten he is the manger of the voluntaries who come to the center. he is very nice guy, he is very respectful, and he is super vicering the kids activities. What I done so far I helped a lot of kids to improve writing skills and reading skills, and helping them to do their home work. The kids are very hyper and it is very hard to get them to the subject, but it is good when they listen to me and start doing the work, and I can play games with the kids if they finish their home work Early. I leave my school at 11:20 AM and I go to my home for 1.5 hour and then I leave my home at 1:00 PM. It takes from me one hour to get their I start at 2:00 and I finish 5:00 and then I go to my mentor to sign my time card or I ask Emily to sign it if my mentor not there, and when I leave at 5:00 I get back home at 6:00 PM. this week is different than the last week because I have more experience plus my mentor gave me more work to do. the only thing that I like in my internship is, when I have idea and I share it with my mentor, then he agree with me and we start working on it. what I don't like about my internship is the children are very Sly and sometimes they are disrespectful and driving me very crazy, and that what push me to be so mean with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment